Friday, February 19, 2010

tweet tweet

To the horror of my 13-year-old, I am following Justin Bieber on Twitter. I don't make a habit of following preteen pop stars. Or listening to their music. Or even keeping up on who they are. But he followed me and I thought, what the heck.

So far it's been kind of amusing. As far as I can tell, he does his own tweeting (e.g.: Dwight from The Office! OMG!), and I even went and watched the music video of his new song, "Baby" with Ludicris, the rapper. The song itself is pretty unremarkable and unsensational, and has a catchy little tune. The video is cute, with teens bowling and a couple of pretty girls who look a lot like the kids I see at my daughter's school. Back in the '80s, I would have looked for it on VH1, and would have bought his new album. Now, apparently, preteens are downloading it (or asking to) on iTunes.

So I think I will keep following him for a while, even if he is a Canadian. At least until his voice changes.

No comments: