Sunday, February 19, 2006

Lisa was robbed!

Friday night when Lisa Rinna was eliminated from "Dancing With The Stars" my girls sobbed. I had tried to prepare them for the possibility, but she danced so beautifully on Thursday night that they just couldn't believe it.

My older daughter was so distraught that the only way I could get her to calm down was to suggest she write a letter to Lisa. She asked if she could send her an email instead. I found an email contact for Lisa at the website of her talk show on Soapnet, and she happily typed away at a heartfelt note. Like most talk shows, the communication is one way. But I think the mere act of writing was enough to help her resolve her disappointment.

Still, Lisa Rinner has worked so hard, and danced so well, that it is a shame we won't get to see her dance one more time. There is no question that Jerry Rice has improved enormously, but there is a difference. Everyone knows that he is not on par with Stacy & Tony, or Drew & Cheryl, but Lisa had the potential for 10s.

The finals, without Lisa, just won't be the same.

No comments: