Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Daunte Culpepper

The Minnesota Vikings traded Daunte Culpepper to the Miami Dolphins today for a 2nd round draft choice.

It is another indication about what a big waste of time Culpepper was for the Vikings. No doubt he will be happier at Miami, and possibly even will excel.

Ironically, he will be replaced, at least for the time being, by the backup quarterback, Brad Johnson. Brad Johnson is the guy who should have been starting quarterback instead of Culpepper in the first place, and saved the Vikings last year by winning seven out of nine games.

The Vikings are a mess, no question. I sure was glad I had the Seahawks to fall back on, especially once that stupid drunken orgy boat thing on Minnetonka happened. But, as I remain a Twins fan, so too I remain a Vikings fan, holding out for that Lombardi Trophy from a Super Bowl win.

We'll see. For now, I'm just glad it's baseball season.

No comments: