Friday, November 06, 2009

Good Things

Good things of late:

Harper Collins reissued the six "high school" books in the Betsy Tacy series, in a set of three, two books to a volume. They use the wonderful Vera Neville artwork, and are fine quality all around. Can't go wrong with books loved by people as varied as Bette Midler, Meg Cabot, Nancy Carlson and me.

I am listening to the absolutely fabulous cast album of "White Christmas The Musical." In addition to the songs used in the original film (which itself is actually a remake of "Holiday Inn"), it includes such fabulous Irving Berlin classics as "I Love A Piano" and "Let Yourself Go." We saw it a few years ago in San Francisco where this production originated, and loved it. What other modern musical uses a 40-piece orchestra these days?

It's early November, and the trees are changing colors and losing their leaves. The other day I was driving through a windy patch, and leaves swirled and danced like in a Disney movie.

Last spring I stumbled across a patch Girl Scouts can earn, The Coat of Many Colors patch, based on Dolly Parton's song. This fall my daughter's troop is collecting coats to donate to a local organization to earn the patch, and people are donating like crazy. I am excited to see something so useful be so successful.

Twitter.

No comments: