Saturday, November 29, 2008

Time Flies!

My kids had Veterans' Day off from school. There was a lot of rain, and I woke up on Wednesday morning to a notice that school was closed because of flooding. Not only did it close that day, but the following. The snow level was so high that it, atypically, rained instead of snowed in the passes, which caused the rivers in the lowlands to flood. None of the schools were flooded, thankfully, but three of the schools in the district had parking lots full of water. If the buses can't get through, the schools are closed.

Then this week, the kids were home half days for parent-teacher conferences. My middle-schooler starts school at 7:30 a.m., so half day means she is home by 11:30 a.m. my younger one had "Nutcracker" on-stage rehearsals two of the days, so she didn't even go to school. Thursday and yesterday were no school days, natch, for the holiday.

All this weekend my younger one has "Nutcracker" performances in the evenings, which means I spend a lot of time packing snacks. (And do I have that down to a fine art!) My wonderful husband does the driving, allowing me to stay home.

Last night my older one had a sleepover, so I was home, alone, with the dog, for three hours. I was kind of lonely. Even after all that togetherness.

However, that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to Monday...

No comments: